Cast Iron Reducer Double Enveloping Worm Gearbox with Input Shaft
Model: C100 – 500
Ratio: 10.25 – 63
Output Torque : 683 – 51180 N.m
Rating Power : 1/4HP(0.18 Kw) – 600HP(450Kw)
1, High torque double enveloping adjust toughest working condition .
2,Universal design double enveloping worm gearbox.
3, Smooth and noiseless operation double worm gearbox.
4, Higher driving efficiency than traditional worm gear.
5, Increasing loading capacity .
6, Strict quality test before shipping
7, Customized design for various application
8, Long life service period
9, suitable price with moderated
10: moderate price & high quality
11: four-axis linkage
SGR C series double enveloping worm gear reducer use High torque Gearbox design by SGR’s Professional R&D team, it has straight-sided forms on both gear teeth and worm threads with this form tangent to a common base circle. and SGR double enveloping worm gear reducer awarded by the National Speed Reducer & Variator Industry Association .
it has different involutes or curved tooth forms, Multi-tooth meshed, allowed CZPT load , so CZPT worm gearbox has higher driving efficiency than traditional worm gear .
double enveloping worm gear reducer is suit for high reduction ratio, without install space constraints , and provision of using many different gears type . double enveloping worm gear can reach to 200:1 ratio . improve gearbox torque , Increasing loading capacity , At the same time , SGR double enveloping worm gearbox use fans or cooling pipe [*1*]to slove heat generated during gear unit running for Long life service period .
The advantage of SGR double enveloping worm gearbox , first advantage is CZPT use four-axis linkage technology , second is CZPT ensure worm gear reducer long life and high reliability design , and Perfect quality controlling system, strict inspection . Besides , SGR also can special design base various requirement
High torque double enveloping worm gearbox adjust toughest working condition , and CZPT offer state of the art technology and quality solutions for Metal cutting and forming machinery ,Mining and construction equipment ,Paper and plastic converting machinery etc high power density, designed for heavy duty application .
Dtasheet of CUW :
|Model||ShaftDia. (mm)||Center Height (CUW)||(CUW) Output shaft Dia.||Power||Ratio||Permitted Torque||Weight|
|(CUW) input Solid(h6)||(mm)||(mm)||(kw)||(Nm)||(KGS)|
|C_ 100||28||190||48||1.41~11.5||10 ~ 62||683-1094||42|
|C_ 125||32||225||55||2.42~19.7||10 ~ 62||1170~2221||65|
|C_ 140||38||255||65||3.94~25.9||10 ~ 62||1555 ~ 3473||85|
|C_ 160||42||290||70||4.39~35.7||10 ~ 62||2143 ~4212||120|
|C_ 180||48||320||80||5.83~47.5||10 ~ 62||2812 ~ 5387||170|
|C_ 200||55||350||90||7.52 ~61.2||10 ~ 62||3624 ~6859||220|
|C_ 225||60||390||100||9.9~81.4||10 ~ 62||4872 ~ 9224||290|
|C_ 250||65||430||110||12.9 ~105||10 ~ 62||6284~11892||380|
|C_ 280||70||480||120||16.9 ~ 138||10 ~ 62||8347 ~ 15820||520|
|C_ 315||75||530||140||22.5 ~183||10 ~ 62||11068~ 19450||700|
|C_ 355||80||595||150||30~245||10 ~ 62||14818 ~28014||1030|
|C_ 400||90||660||170||32.1 ~261||10 ~ 62||15786~29918||1400|
|C_ 450||100||740||190||42.6 ~347||10 ~ 62||2571~39881||1980|
|C_ 500||110||815||210||54.9 ~ 448||10 ~ 62||27097~51180||2700|
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery|
|Function:||Change Drive Torque, Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction, Speed Increase|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
Types of Worm Gear Configurations and Their Uses
Worm gear configurations vary based on the arrangement of the worm and the gear it engages with. Here are common types and their applications:
- Single Enveloping Worm Gear: This configuration offers high torque transmission and efficiency. It’s used in heavy-duty applications like mining equipment and industrial machinery.
- Double Enveloping Worm Gear: With increased contact area, this type provides higher load capacity and improved efficiency. It’s used in aerospace applications, robotics, and precision machinery.
- Non-Throated Worm Gear: This type has a cyli
Common Problems and Troubleshooting for Worm Gearboxes
Worm gearboxes, like any mechanical component, can experience various issues over time. Here are some common problems that may arise and possible troubleshooting steps:
- Overheating: Overheating can occur due to factors such as inadequate lubrication, excessive loads, or high operating temperatures. Check lubrication levels, ensure proper ventilation, and reduce loads if necessary.
- Noise and Vibration: Excessive noise and vibration may result from misalignment, worn gears, or improper meshing. Check for misalignment, inspect gear teeth for wear, and ensure proper gear meshing.
- Leakage: Oil leakage can be caused by damaged seals or gaskets. Inspect seals and gaskets, and replace them if necessary.
- Reduced Efficiency: Efficiency loss can occur due to friction, wear, or misalignment. Regularly monitor gearbox performance, ensure proper lubrication, and address any wear or misalignment issues.
- Backlash: Excessive backlash can affect precision and accuracy. Adjust gear meshing and reduce backlash to improve performance.
- Seizure or Binding: Seizure or binding can result from inadequate lubrication, debris, or misalignment. Clean the gearbox, ensure proper lubrication, and address misalignment issues.
- Worn Gears: Worn gear teeth can lead to poor performance. Regularly inspect gears for signs of wear, and replace worn gears as needed.
- Seal Wear: Seals can wear over time, leading to leakage and contamination. Inspect seals regularly and replace them if necessary.
If you encounter any of these problems, it’s important to address them promptly to prevent further damage and maintain the performance of your worm gearbox. Regular maintenance, proper lubrication, and addressing issues early can help extend the lifespan and reliability of the gearbox.
ndrical worm without a throat. It’s suitable for applicatio
Worm Gearbox Applications in Robotics and Automation
Worm gearboxes play a crucial role in various robotics and automation applications due to their unique characteristics and benefits. Here are some common applications where worm gearboxes are used:
- Robotic Arm Movement: Worm gearboxes are employed in robotic arms to provide precise and controlled movement. The self-locking property of worm gearboxes helps maintain the arm’s position without requiring additional brakes.
- Conveyor Systems: In automated production lines, worm gearboxes are used to drive conveyor belts and move materials or products along assembly lines with accuracy.
- Precision Positioning: Worm gearboxes are used in precision positioning systems, such as those found in pick-and-place robots and CNC machines. They ensure accurate and repeatable movements.
- Pan and Tilt Mechanisms: Worm gearboxes are utilized in pan and tilt mechanisms of surveillance cameras, robotic cameras, and sensors. The self-locking feature helps stabilize and maintain the desired angle.
- Automated Gates and Doors: Worm gearboxes are used in automated gate and door systems to control their opening and closing movements smoothly and safely.
- Material Handling: Robots in warehouses and distribution centers use worm gearboxes to manipulate and lift objects, enhancing efficiency in material handling.
- Medical Robotics: Worm gearboxes are employed in medical robots for surgical procedures, diagnostic equipment, and rehabilitation devices, ensuring precise and controlled movements.
- Industrial Robots: Industrial robots rely on worm gearboxes for various tasks, including welding, painting, assembly, and packaging, where precise movements are essential.
- Automated Testing Equipment: In testing and inspection applications, worm gearboxes provide the necessary movement and positioning for accurate testing and measurements.
- Food and Beverage Industry: Worm gearboxes are used in automated food processing and packaging systems, ensuring hygienic and precise movement of products.
Worm gearboxes are preferred in these applications due to their compact size, high torque output, self-locking feature, and ability to provide a right-angle drive. However, selecting the right gearbox requires considering factors such as load, speed, efficiency, and environmental conditions.
ns requiring precise motion control, such as CNC machines and robotics.
- Throated Worm Gear: Featuring a throat in the worm, this configuration offers smooth engagement and higher load capacity. It’s used in conveyors, elevators, and automotive applications.
- Non-Modular Worm Gear: In this design, the worm and gear are a matched set, resulting in better meshing and efficiency. It’s utilized in various industries where customization is essential.
- Modular Worm Gear: This type allows interchangeability of worm and gear components, providing flexibility in design and maintenance. It’s commonly used in conveyors, mixers, and material handling systems.
Selecting the appropriate worm gear configuration depends on factors such as load capacity, efficiency, precision, and application requirements. Consulting gearbox experts can help determine the best configuration for your specific needs.
editor by CX 2023-08-16